When you’re a student athlete, one of the ultimate goals that you likely have is to get recruited into a college in order to move your athletic career forwards and reach your goals. However, for those in high school sports it’s not always easy to understand just how to go about becoming a new recruit for the college that you’re dreaming of.
Luckily, it’s really not that difficult to understand. There are a few basic steps that you can take which will make it much easier for you to find success and move into the world of college sports. Here are the basic things to remember.
• Train – Obviously, you need to be the best in order to stand out. Colleges recruit based on a lot of criteria, and the better you are at your sports, the better the chances of gaining scholarships and transitioning into the college world. Train as hard as you can to keep yourself moving towards your goals.
• Study – High school sports are taking up most of your time, but the reality is that you need to keep your grades high as well. This is a large part of landing scholarships or even being recruited at all, and as such it’s absolutely vital that you take time to keep your grades up as much as possible.
• Stay Out of Trouble – This one is important as well. Getting into any kind of trouble can quickly ruin your chances of gaining entry into the college program you’re hoping to enter. Fun is one thing, but making poor choices that can ruin your dreams is another. Pay attention to what you’re doing and be sure to make the right decisions.
• Don’t Lose Motivation – One of the biggest hurdles you’ll have to clear off the track is drive and motivation. It can be easy to lose heart and assume that you aren’t making progress. But some things take time, and staying focused is the key to finally achieving your goals.
• Network And Train Externally – From networking groups on social media to camps and beyond, looking outside your immediate, in-school circle can help you make connections that will lead you even further down the road to success. There are numerous options out there, so be sure to look into all of them.
These basic tips will help ensure that you are able to reach your goals and enter the world of college sports. Getting recruited can be a process, but it is worth the effort.